Monday, September 8, 2014

Beauty

For the last four days I have spent time with a great group of Nazarene women. I was the speaker at their first ever retreat. The retreat went well and we laughed and cried and laughed some more. We ate more than we should and we played in the ocean.

Being the speaker for this event reminds me of how much I love doing this. It is a joy to me. The subject matter was different from most of the retreats I have done in the past. This was all about self image and seeing ourselves through God's eyes. I have found this is a tough subject for women, including myseld. All of us have "tapes" that we tend to run when we look in the mirror ... you are fat ... you are ugly ... you are unlovable. But the reality is that those are lies from the enemy. God created us for beauty and in beauty.

But yet that is so challenging for us to accept ... and challenging for even me to accept. But yet God is growing me and deepening my understanding of this issue. I saw women freed from misconceptions and chains of despair broken.

My prayer is that we continue to seek God's truth and God's eyes ... because there is beauty all around us ... even in me.

Just Connie

No comments: