Thursday, September 18, 2014

Reflections

I am reflecting on my backpacking trip. First of all I am very thankful that I was able to go this year when it was looking so doubtful that I would be able to.

Secondly as always, being outside is so restorative to me. It seems to blow the cobwebs out and fill me with a sense of God's presence and peace.

Thirdly, I am very thankful for friends who allow me to crash their family backpack trip every year. Without their gracious inclusion I would not get the chance to do this every fall.

Fourthly, this reminds me that I really need to develop some hiking and backpacking partners. I miss having someone to run off to the woods with on a regular basis. I just do not know where to start to make this happen.

There are new places to hike and new vistas to explore ....

Just Connie

No comments: