Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Walking Thoughts

I have been diligently walking and trying to increase my stamina over the last month and a half or so. I am walking 2.5 miles 3-5 days a week and tonight I added an extra mile. It feels good to be feeling better and breathing better.

Tonight was the kick off to my boot camp class .... I was a bit nervous because the instructor is a young man who is a martial arts expert. I was afraid that my 50+ body was going to rebel. But it looks like he is going to be gentle with us and slowly increase the difficulty, Tonight we weighed in (ick) and then took a brisk 1 mile walk. Next week it will be increased.

So I am excited at yet another opportunity to get stronger and increase my fitness. What a difference a few months can make. It was just March ... 6 months ago that I was in acute respiratory failure in the hospital. Now I am walking several miles a day and getting ready for my backpacking trip. 6 months ago this did not seem possible this year.

I am highly motivated to not go back to where I was, to continue to educate myself and to continue to exercise and breathe deep.

And that feels pretty good .... breathing .... living .... growing ....

Just Connie

No comments: