Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Happy Trails

Always in a hurry ... always in a hurry ... that is how I feel like this week is going. I have been frantically trying to get my notes and music together for the women's retreat that I am speaking at this weekend. I have also had a pile of meetings in a short week and counseling sessions To further complicate things I have a coupe of people in the hospital and other visitation to do. Well ... the list just goes on and on.

So tomorrow I will do what any self respecting pastor would do when life gets too busy and frantic ... I am going to sneak off and do something to nurture me. I am going horseback riding! I have had a life long love affair with horses but I seldom get the chance to ride anymore. I do take the time to go out and groom horses at the rescue ranch and that is wonderful. But it is not riding which is sooooo much better.

I realize that I will have to pay the piper when I get back .... I will have a lot of work to squeeze into the few hours before I head out for the Retreat. However, I think the break is important. I am committed to finding the time to play and to finding things that will nurture me even when life is hard and busy.

Sooooo come on tomorrow ... Happy Trails to me!

Just Connie

No comments: