Monday, September 1, 2014

Camp Fire Thoughts

I have just spent the last 4 days sleeping on the ground and enjoying the gorgeous world God has created. It was our annual Church Camp Out.Besides incredible scenery and peace it was a chance to get to know people that I do not get to spend much time with.

Wonderful things seem happen around the camp fire ... lots of laughter, sharing of life stories and reflections on life ..friendships deepen and trust is established. It makes me want to put a camp fire in the sanctuary.

I think that this is an important time in the life of the church. It breaks us out of the routine of everyday life and gives us new opportunities to connect. I am so glad for all of those that came to worship with us or even enjoy an afternoon or evening visiting.

I am looking forward to what we will do next year. There are more campfires to come ....

Just Connie

No comments: