Saturday, June 4, 2016

Long Road

I rested my head against the steering wheel as I reflected on my long awaited pulmonary appointment. I would need yet another test, this one measuring my reaction to a certain gas. They wanted me back on oral steroids and even worse, they wanted me back on gamma globulin. They also  set up a green, yellow, red treatment plan with clear guidelines for which medicines when. That will be pretty helpful as I try to determine "how bad is my breathing?".

One of the things the Dr said to me during the appointment was that he trusted me to know when to go to the hospital since I have done that before. It was all I could do to not laugh in his face. Because everytime I have gone in, either the Dr or the Fire Chief has forced me to go.

I came away with no clear answers and a bit of discouragement. I would sure like some clear answers and a sure game plan. However, it is what it is. So I will do my best to follow the guidelines I have been given and stay optimistic and positive as I continue this journey.

The road is long.... With many a winding turn ....

Just Connie (hopefully you caught the song reference)

No comments: