Friday, June 3, 2016

This is the Day

I pulled into the parking lot of OHSU with no problems. I was a bit surprised that I remembered the way up the hill since it had been quite a few years since I had headed up that way. But once I finally found a parking spot I began following the printed directions that had been sent to me to find the pulmonary clinic. Up and down and around and around. I had forgotten what a maze of corridors and levels that hospital complex is. But I finally found the spot and of course caught everybody out to lunch. So I waited 20 minutes while I checked my e-mail, got caught up on facebook and enjoyed the view.

Finally, the staff was there and I could check in. I was 2.5 hours early for my appointment for the pulmonary lung function test, but I needed to  go and get my lung x-ray. As I got my directions I realized that the lab was back in the direction I started. So, I began the trek back through the maze, only having to stop for directions  twice in the process. Checking in, I had barely sat down when they were calling me back for the x-ray. IN no time at all I was on my way back through the maze of corridors and levels as I made my way back to the pulmonary testing lab. Now I was only an hour and 45 minutes early. So I sat down in the waiting room and read, checked my e-mail ... well you know the drill.

But finally they were calling me in and for the next 30 minutes I blew, held my breath, had various gases blown into me and had every part of my lung function tested including how my red hemoglobin cells were being oxygenated. The man giving the test was a real comedian and I enjoyed the time, which surprised me.  I did incredibly well with my lung function test. Testing at 125% of normal. It is good to be on an upswing, but I am half afraid the Drs will ask me what in the world I am wasting their time  with that kind of lung function. Before I knew if I was finding my way back through the maze (I gave up and went outside) found my car and headed to mom and dads.

So now it is the next morning. I have had a great (but short) time with my parents and soon I will be heading back up on the hill to find my way to the OHSU Dr's Pavillion (I know where that is) and see what the Drs have to say about my medical records and all of the records that were sent to them. I have to admit to a bit of apprehension. I just would so like to have a workable treatment plan that would help to stay on a more even keel.  To somehow find a way to get off of this roller coaster I have been on the last 5 months..... well the last five years to be honest.

So it is will hopefulness that I will load everything back into the car and head up to pill hill and see what answers I get.

This should be an interesting day ....

Just Connie

No comments: