Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Pre Surgery Thoughts

In just about an hour I will be picked up by a friend and driven to the hospital for the surgical procedure I have been trying to schedule for a year. They are hoping that this orovedure will be able to clear up the infection over my left eye. Last night my surgeon called me to talk to me about the procedure. It is experimental and he will be using a new device. He told me he has been practicing on a dummy. I tried very hard to not giggle as I thought "Well that is certainly appropriate". He then talked to me about the drugs that were available for use and my wish to avoid narcotics if at all possible. He also wanted to know the status of the infection and how my lungs were doing. He was pleased that I had just finished another round of antibiotics and was in a good upswing with normal lung function. I was glad he had called and checked in with me. It Is good to have a Dr who is willing to take the time to check it on me. I am looking forward to having this procedure. Not because I want to have it (I really don't) But because it offers the possibility of ending this constant round of infections and lung problems. The possibility of something better is there on the horizon. and that is a pretty exciting thought. So in a couple of hours I will be on the table in the midst of the procedure, praying for the Dr, praying for peace and asking for healing. For in Christ all things are possible .... Just Connie

No comments: