Friday, June 30, 2017

Busy Day

Because of my schedule and Dr's appointments, I was forced to do my gamma globulin treatment late in the day yesterday. That meant that today I was exhausted, queasy and fighting a pounding headache. I stopped at my primary care Physician and got a tordal shot  to take the edge off the headache because I knew it was going to be a long day.

I grabbed a quick breakfast with the Fruday morning groups and then headed to the church to wrap my sermon up and print out all the things we would need for our meeting tomorrow with the superintendent. From there I made a quick trip to the pharmacy (3rd time this week) to pick up meds. ThEn I headed home for lunch and a bit of rest.

By 1:30 I was on the road and headed to the Salem Onolcology Center for my Nucala. As I was siting in the waiting room the very kind man I met last time came in and recognized me. We sat and talked and I shared with him how blessed I was by meeting he and his wife and I really felt they were a gift from God to me that day. He laughed and said that he and his wife had said the same thing about meeting me. It warmed my heart to see him, though I could tell the chemo as taking a toll on him. He asked about my arms since I was wearing short sleeves and I explained how the drugs make my skin very fragile. He hugged me and I told him to say hello to his wife for me. I went in for treatment with a big smile on my face, thanking God for weaving our lives together.

By 3:30 I was released and heading home wishing that my air conditioning was fixed in my car. But I made it to Willamina where I headed to the grocery store to puck up the rest of the things we would need for our lunch with the superintendent.

And finally I headed home, tired, hot, still queasy and my headache beginning to pound again. But in spite of feeling kind of crummy it was a good day and everything got done.

Now I am enjoying the evening breeze that Willamina gets and looking forward to a good nights rest.

And then tomorrow, I hit the ground running. But I should feel a lot better by then!

Just Connie

No comments: