Thursday, March 21, 2013

Candidacy

I just did something I had never done before .... I turned in my West Valley Fire Board candidacy paperwork to the County Elections Board. I was given this thick sheaf of papers to fill out while I was on medical leave. I looked at it,  groaned and stuck it back into my briefcase.

A little over a year ago I was asked to fill the term of a Board member who had died. There was actually 2 applicants for the open position. For some reason, they actually voted me in. As I have served this past year it has stretched and challenged me in many ways. But I have loved doing something that I think  makes a big difference. But now my term is about to expire and I have to actually run as a candidate in a real election.

When I begun work on Monday I drug out the paper work and filled everything in that I could.  I have to admit that it asked me things I did not know how to answer, like my "position number". I finally got the bright idea of googling myself and the Fire Department and came up with a newspaper article that announced I had been appointed to position 4. So I filled the last space in and with fear and trembling I headed into the city to file for candidacy.

Now it is all done. In May I will be elected or not for the West Valley Fire Board.

Hmmm ... perhaps I need to have an election night results party .....

Just Connie

No comments: