Monday, March 11, 2013

Tight Spots

 Today I got to sit and gaze at beauty.  The colors and the mist ... just blessed me. I could feel some of the tight places within me relax as I soaked it all in. Places I did not even realize were so tight until the peace began to soak in.

It tells me a couple of things. First it tells me that over these weeks of illness and isolation that there was stuff building up inside of me. It also tells me I was TOTALLY unaware that it was lurking in there.

Given those two things ... I think as i prepare to go back to work that I need to do a better joy and tending to the needs within me. I know that I have not done a very good job. I am committed to doing a better joy.

But of course the question is what does that look like? I think it will look like I am protecting my time off. To be honest I have let a lot of work things encroach on that time.I also need more quiet time built into my schedule. Time when I can reflect, pray and seek God's heart without interruption. I also think there are some small changes I can make to help, putting all my counseling on one day and only allowing 2 night meetings a week.

All of those are changes that I can make that will make a difference. I think I am being given a chance to structure a less stressful life that will help me stay healthy and well.

Healthy, well and no more tight spots ....

Just Connie

2 comments:

Diwakar said...

Dear Pastor Connie, So good to know your through your profile on the Blogger. I am also glad to know that your a Free Methodist Pastor. I am so encouraged to write you because I am also in the Pastoral ministry for last 33yrs. This the sencond time I have browsed your blog. Your Blog "Just some thoughts" under which you have posted "Tight spots" having your own experience which is very encouraging and I am blessed by your thoughts and felt how true it is with me too. Well I would like to tell you about my ministry too. For past 33 yrs I am in the Pastoral ministry in the great city of Mumbai, India a city with great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live with a population of 18 million of which half of the population lives in thes slums and those who live in the slums are the people who are poverty stricken, marginalized, underprivileged and socially, economically oppressed. We reach out to such people with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted and to give them new hope, future and purpose in their life. We also encourage young peopole as well as adults to come on a short term missions trip to work with us.Those who have come and worked with us have had a life changing experience. I would love to see some young people as well as adult people those who have interest in missions from your church would come to work with us. I am from Church of the Nazarene and we have Free Methodist church too just close to our church in one of the suburbs of Mumbai. we infact work very closely in Mumbai city. Well God willing I am coming to States in the month of July and will be so glad to visit you and speak to your youth group as well as adult members who are intersted in missions work. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. I will appreciate your email contact if I have to contact you or your phone number will help me to have communication with you. May the Lord continue to bless your ministry. Pastor Diwakar Wankhede, Mumbai, India

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.