Saturday, March 2, 2013

Gratitude

Being sick these past weeks has had a lot of things that have been kind of awkward and hard. One of those is getting supplies such as pellets for the stove and groceries. I know that if I asked people would go and fetch them for me ... but somehow I just have not been able to bring myself to ask. I can get up and dress and drive, so it seems silly to ask for help. But I have to admit that at times it takes everything I have to get it done.

Today I got up and dressed and went down to the hardware store to get pellets for the stove. The people that own the store and such kind and wonderful people and I buy all of my supplies from them. As I was signing for the pellets, they asked me, "Who is going to unload these for you when you get home?" I laughed and told them I did not have far to move them. And that is when they refused to load the pellets in my car. I just stood there and blinked at them. They said they would send someone to deliver them to me and next time to just call and they would bring some up to me. I just about sat down and cried.

By the time I drove home, the pellets were neatly stacked in the garage along with a 50 pound sack of dog food. That is when I did start crying. I was so blessed and so amazed at the love and care they extended to me.

I have been thinking about it this afternoon and I cannot imagine what I have ever done to have this kind of care and support. I am pretty sure that I do not deserve it. I do not deserve that or the other incredibly kind things that have been offered to me today. My neighbor brought me chicken tonight, another lady came by and walked Hope Puppy, 3 others called to see if I needed anything while they were shopping. I know I do not deserve that loving compassion .... but I am so very grateful for it. It fills me with a sense of being loved and cared for that fills my heart to overflowing.

Tonight I am basking in love and filled with gratitude ...

And that is a pretty good feeling.

Just Connie

No comments: