Friday, March 29, 2013

Stealing Weeds

I drove home after finally picking up my car at the auto repair shop and paying much much more than I expected for the repair ... and kind of worried about how I was going to juggle my finances over the next month. As I pulled up to the house I stopped in the road in amazement. There were 5 or 6 cars and trucks in my driveway and people everywhere I looked. In fact everywhere I looked people where stealing 9 months of weeds.

I got out of the car and took a good look at what was going on. There were people weeding, people mowing, cutting limbs back ... busy cleaning up 9 months of neglect. I could not believe what I was seeing. It was amazing and wonderful.

My yard is looking pretty good right now. I have a good start on getting things ready for spring. But more than that I feel loved and cared for. Someone noticed that I was struggling to keep up and they came and helped because they wanted to.... because they loved me.

That is a very precious gift ... I am not sure I deserve it. But I guess that makes it all the more precious.

Just Connie

No comments: