Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Birthday Party Celebration

I spent a couple of hours at a local restaurant tonight celebrating the birthday of a friend. He is a great guy that does so much around town that people are completely unaware of. So it was very fun to surprise him tonight. There were about 25 or so others friends, family and colleagues to celebrate with as well.

I really enjoyed the time I spent with them tonight, going fro table to table to sit and talk with those I do not get to spend a lot of time with. I was also fortunate to be able to sit next to my pal Cambria who is 7 years old and lots of fun. One of the highlights of the evening was saying to her as she was leaving, "Come and give me a hug" and having the man next to her think I was talking to him and coming over and giving me a hug. It really made me laugh and I told little Cambria that I was going to have to hang out with her more often.

Tonight and yesterday reminds me of how important it is for me to spend time with people. I can get so isolated in my evenings and weekends that I forget that for me people bring life, joy and energy to me. I am glad to met such great people and I really think that Willamina is one of the best places in the world to live. I am so glad to be here.

I just hope Willamina is glad to have me ....

Just Connie

No comments: