Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Inspiring Hands

Every Wednesday I head down to the church for a class called Inspiring Hands. Our teacher challenges us to look at the world in new ways and t listen to what God is saying to us. She often has painting assignment that are really challenging such as painting blindfolded or only using 2 color. I have loved getting back into art. I used to draw and paint in my other life and it feels restorative to be painting again.

Tonight she asked us to listen to what God was saying to us about life and to paint it on black plastic. In an hour and a half the class each painted and then explained to the class God was saying to us.

I find this time very important in my life. So much of what I do is for other people ... but this is completely and totally for me. I am reminded that it is important for me to find things like this that breathe life into me. I think it is time to start looking around for other things that I can do and experience.

Who knows what i will find next?

Just Connie

No comments: