Thursday, August 14, 2014

What Do I See In The Mirror?

What do we see when we look in the mirror? For most women when we look in the mirror we do not like what we see. I'm fat ...old ... ugly ... the list goes on and on. Life seems to teach us from an early age that we do not measure up to the pictures in the magazines. You know the ones I mean ... the ones that have been airbrushed and photo shopped.We do not measure up to our own expectations.

I have been reminded of this as I have talked to several women this week. One of them is a beautiful brunette with incredible hair, skin and such a pretty face. She does not think she is attractive. She looks int he mirror and sees someone fat and unattractive and yet she is gorgeous. I told her that I wish she could see herself with my eyes so she could see how fabulous he really is.

As I have thought about it, I have considered my own internal conversations with the mirror about my age, my weight, my nose and well just about everything. It occurs to me that how I see myself is not how others see me. More importantly how I see myself is not how God sees me. How I wish I could see myself through God's eyes. I wonder what I look like through his loving eyes?

I wonder how would we change if we were not so self critical, if we could see ourselves with God's eyes? I have a feeling that it would fill us with a confidence that few of us ever experience. Imagine a life not controlled by our insecurities ... that sounds pretty wonderful to me.

And if I could see myself with God's eyes ... imagine what could happen if I could see others with God's eyes ....

Just Connie

No comments: