Saturday, August 23, 2014

Kindness and Hidden Beauty

I had an unexpected call from a friend int he community tonight. He invited me to come with him to see Willamina Falls. I was excited because I have been wanted to figure out where they were for a long time and I had mentioned to him I would like to find them one of these days.

It was a perfect night for a drive up in the woods. There was a nice wind blowing cooling things off from the heat of the day and the hills looked hazy in the evening light.We drove up through the gravel road and finally pulled off next to one of the many trails that traverse this area. I could hear the falls as we got out. I laughed when I looked at the trail because it was straight down. I was sure that I was going to end up on my backside, but I somehow managed to get down the trail without falling and taking everyone one else out with me.

As we got to the falls I was so blessed by the beauty of the falls even with the water being low. I stood there for a long time and just soaked it all in.AS I hiked back up the hill I was very thankful that I have been walking in the mornings. and i managed somehow to get up without embarrassing myself.

Tonight's outing reminded me of a couple of things. First of all, the kindness of a friend to see that I was able to do something that I wanted to do makes an incredible difference. Secondly,  there is hidden beauty all around ....we just need to take the time to look.

I want to pass on the kindness and I want to spend more time looking for the hidden beauty around me. It sounds so  easy but yet somehow....it is so challenging to do.

Just Connie

No comments: