Sunday, August 17, 2014

Surprise!

There was a gentle breeze in the air as I gathered my notes and headed to the microphone to distribute the Willamina Chamber of Commerce annual awards. I was surprised when the Chamber president asked to give the first award which was Citizen of the Year. I stood there is shock as she began to list the things I do in the community and called my name.

They awarded me Citizen of the Year. I really do not fee that I deserve it, but I am so very appreciative. What an incredible honor and I am humbled by their confidence in me.There is not much you can say at that point other than "thank you".

So  as I reflect on that tonight I cannot figure out what they see in me or in what I do. Because I do what I love and I enjoy the things I do in the community. I feel like I have been amply rewarded for any little thing I have done with the joy that it brings me.

I think I am still in shock .....

Just Connie


No comments: