Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Numbers

I looked at the numbers on the peak flow meter and said a very spiritual thing, "Crap!" After weeks of a slow climb back to normal, numbers had fallen in the "yellow zone". Yellow Zone means that I am back on breathing treatments. Today after a week and a half at the yellow zone I went in and got a steroid shot.

I have to admit to an underlying fear that this will be my life now, peak flow meter, inhalers, steroids and struggling to breath. But even as I write that fear I recognize that God is big enough, strong enough and powerful enough for where ever I am.

If I really believe that then I need to find joy in exactly where I am today. Breathing treatments and all .... fears and all. There is so much about my life that is good and right. So many ways that I can see God's hand at work.

I guess it all comes down to a matter of focus ... do I insist on focusing on what is wrong or on my fears? Or will I choose to focus on life, love and the many many blessings that are poured out on my life?

Tonight I choose life ... tomorrow ... I will remind myself of this again.

Just Connie

No comments: