Monday, August 25, 2014

Tonight's Musings

I went out to lunch with good friends today who were celebrating their 52nd anniversary. I find it amazing and wonderful that they have been married that long and I rejoice for the wonderful life and the incredible family this couple has built with their love and devotion.

I have to admit that there is always a part of me that is saddened when I realize that I will never be married for 52 years. I can hardly imagine what it is like to be loved so much that someone would stay with you through the years. I think that is a wonderful thing and there is a part of me that will probably always want to loved like that.

But I am happy with my life and am very thankful for the many things that God has restored in my life I think it is important to focus on what I am thankful for, not for the losses in my life. So here are some things that I am thankful for tonight.


  • My wonderful, incredible  parents
  • My children
  • My family
  • My friends
  • My home
  • My community
  • Ministry
  • Increasing good health
  • Insurance (so very thankful)
  • My wonderful Hope Puppy
  • For the opportunities still ahead of me


It is wonderful to know that there is a lot of life ahead me. A lot of time to learn and grow and love and minister.

And that is a pretty precious gift ....

Just Connie

No comments: