Monday, June 8, 2015

Changes

I stood there and looked with dismay at the very large box that had just been delivered. I knew what it contained and I had not been looking forward with anticipation to this delivery. With a sigh, I got   the scissors and began opening the box.

Removing the packing from the top I gingerly picked up the packet on the top that said, "Welcome New Patient". For the next hour I read through the materials that told me in great detail (and pictures) what my Gamma Globulin Immune Therapy would entail.

With a sigh, I looked at the DVD I held in my hand. I slowly put it down, not ready yet to watch the full reality of what I would be doing Wednesday. I packed the welcome sheets back into the case and sat there mulling over everything I had read. The process was much more complicated than I had expected. This was not a simple shot ... this was a 2 hour infusion at three different sites every week. The realization gripped me that this was a life changing event. My life was about to change in very real and unmistakable ways.

But as I pondered these changes, it dawned on me that my life had taken a dramatic turn three years ago when I first got ill. The difference was that I did not realize at the time that my life was changing. After every illness I expected life to go back to normal ... only it did not. This was another major change, but it gives me the hope that I would be well again. Seems like it might be  good trade off.

So I am looking at a life changing event ... things will change. But some of those changes will be very positive. That is enough to hang onto. I choose to continue to look for the blessings I am going to find on this new journey.

There are good things ahead ....

Just Connie

1 comment:

Just Connie said...

Love you so much. We can do this although all of it you have to do. I love you so very much