Thursday, June 18, 2015

Treatment Number Two

Treatment number two is behind me. It did not go nearly as well as I was hoping. First of all, I had Trouble with remembering how and in what order all the tubing hooked to the syringe. I finally had to call the pharmacy headquarters and have a nurse talk me through the whole thing.

Second of all, I think that I might have infused into the muscle instead of subcutaneous because I ended up with a knot the size of a cantaloupe on the side of my thigh. Not really painful but uncomfortable.

It probably did not help that I got called to a cardiac arrest this afternoon (and that call is a story all on its own) and then had the city/county dinner tonight that I had committed to be a part of. I came home exhausted, muscle achy and longing for bed.

So here I am in bed and thinking about all of the things I need to do tomorrow. And right now that is feeling a bit overwhelming.

But tomorrow is a new day and I am bound to be better tomorrow ..... Right?

Just Connie

No comments: