Saturday, June 13, 2015

Today's Thoughts

Day 1 after my first treatment has gone fairly well. I am a bit green around the edges and tired. So all in all not too bad. I spent most of the day in bed, right up until I got the phone call from YCom dispatching me to the scene of a cardiac arrest in Sheridan.

I quickly got ready, grabbed some business cards and headed to Sheridan. For the next hour and a half I comforted and sorrowed with them over the death of their loved one. As I drove away, I found that I was blessed to be doing something so worthwhile.

So much of what I do as a pastor is hard to quantify, but it is times like today that I absolutely know that I am making a difference. That is a pretty good feeling.

Good enough to balance even the protests of my stomach today ......

Just Connie

No comments: