Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Thought about Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the day ... the day I begin treatment. I have been in a flurry of cleaning the last two days trying to get everything laid out and ready. Knowing that I might not feel like doing much housework the next couple of weeks I wanted to have as much done as I could.

Tomorrow, mid day the home health care nurse will arrive to train me to do my own infusions. I am hopeful that I will be able to learn the process well and thoroughly so that I do not have to be sent to an IV infusion center to have this done.

In all honesty I am a little nervous about how it will go and how I will feel afterwards. I think it is the basic fear of the unknown. Well that .... and all of the warnings that have come with the training of this training.They tell me that "few people have problems or reactions to the treatment .... by the way, what is the fire department response time to your house?" That has come from the four different people I have talked to from the drug company and it has not filled me with confidence.

So I have stayed busy today getting ready, my mother arrived this afternoon and will stay with me for several days. I am very thankful ... though of course I would not want to tell her that ... because of course I am absolutely confident that I can do this . .....

You are never too old to need your mommy ....

Just Connie

No comments: