Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Credentials interview

Today I headed for Portland for my annual credentials interview. This is an opportunity for the Conference leadership to touch basis with where I am emotionally, physically and spiritually.nit als gives them a chance to hear from me about what I think is working at the church and where there have been struggles.

It was a good interview, they asked hard questions ... But important questions. Such as, "How has your illness effected the church". And the reality is that it has effected it in both negative and positive ways. On the positive side, people have stepped up and taken responsibility in areas they have not done. There are new ministries growing out of that new forward motion. People are spreading their wings and learning to fly and that has been a joy to watch. On the negative side, I sense an uneasiness about what the future will hold. That is totally understandable because ..... We do not know what the future will hold. All we can do is be faithful to the call and the ministry before us.

I thought it was a good interview and I felt their love and support. So glad for our leadership and their commitment to myself, the church and the pastors across the conference.

From there I rushed back to Willamina for yet another treatment. It was the only time I could do the second treatment this week without compromising Sunday. But that means the side effects will really linger on through tomorrow. But it is a case of, I need to suck it up and get it done anyway. And I think that is doable.

So right now, I am curled up in bed and will try sleeping off my pre, mid and pist drugs and recover from the treatment. My migraine had tapered off but I feel it beginning to build . So dark and quiet for me for a while.

Looking forward to tomorrow and 4 days off treatment! Whoo hoo!

There are good things ahead ...

Just Connie

No comments: