Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Treatment Again



This is treatment day, It usually begins with an early morning yoga class. Then two hours before treatment I start the first of my pre treatment drugs. One hour before, I take the second set of pre treatment drugs. Then before the drugs begin to make me drowsy and fuzzy, I lay out all the needles, drugs, tubing ... everything I will need for treatment. Then I load the needles with the medication and place it in the pump.

Some days I have someone come and help me set the needles. Other days, I place them by myself. By the time treatment begins all of the pre medications are hitting and I am very drowsy. So once the pump has started, I head to bed and sleep.

Three hours into treatment I take the next set of medications to help stave off side effects. Then it is back to bed and a couple of hours later, I usually wake up when the pump clicks off and then it is time to remove the needles and put it away for the next treatment. Then there is one more round  of medication and then back to bed to sleep it off.

Then for the next couple of days I fight the lingering migraine, fatigue and nauseous. And about the time it is gone, it is time for another treatment.

But as hard as treatment is, I know that this is bringing me life and healing. And it is worth it. I am hoping that this phase of treatment will be finished  within a month and I can step down from two treatments a week to 1 treatment a week. It would make an incredible difference to not only my schedule but how man "sick" days a week I am having.

Around April 1st I am supposed to be having another blood test and that will tell me what the next month of treatment will bring. And that is rather exciting to contemplate.

And exciting is good ...

Just Connie

No comments: