Monday, March 27, 2017

Hiking Cap Kiwanda

Saturday I went on a hike. It was a six mile hike at Cape Kiwanda. 1,000 straight up and 1,000 ft straight up. I was pretty nervous about how well my lungs would do. But I really wanted to give it a try.

So,we packed up and headed to Cape Kiwanda which is near Tillamook and Sand Lake. The rain stopped just as we got there. So we put our packs on, got  Hope Puppy geared up and headed down the trail. It was a beautiful hike lush evergreens, new leaves popping out, the trilliums were in bloom and eye could see ocean as we began to make our way down the Cliff.

It took us 70 minutes to make our way down a very steep and muddy trail. At the beach we pulled out our lunch and enjoyed some quiet time in our own private beach. But it was soon time to begin the arduous hike back up the Cliff. And it was amazing, I did very well, my lungs didn't hurt, I was not wheezy and we did the climb up in 90 minutes.

I was so excited at how well the hike went, blessed by all of the healing taking place. I was not expecting it but I am so very grateful. I cannot wait for my doctors to see how well I am doing. Because they have all played such an important part in my recovery. And of course all the prayers which are being lifted up for me. I can hardly wait to see what happens next!

It feels good to breathe ...

Just Connie

No comments: