Monday, March 20, 2017

Hiking Yaquina Head

I got up early and began to gather my hiking things. The plan was to head to the beach for Tami's Birthday and do some short hikes around the Yaquina Head Lighthouse. I looked out the window and noticed the buckets of rain coming down and added extra dry clothes to my bag.

It was not long before Tami was there and we were on our way to the beach. And it rained and rained right up until we got to Lincoln City and the rain began to let up. By the time we hit Newport, we were actually seeing blue sky.

We began at the interpretive center and  learned some interesting facts about the lighthouse. From there we headed to the upper parking lot where we started with some wonderful photo s of the the lighthouse against a beautiful blue sky. We first took the short hike around the lighthouse and looked at the nesting  rocks, where colonies of seabirds nest every year. Then we tool the short path down to the tidal pools, where we saw lots of tidal creatures big and small. There were harbor seals and ducks and just so much to look at.

From there we sat in the car for a whike do I coul catch my breath. Then we headed up the headland for the last hike of the day. It was a fairly gradual grade, but such a beautiful view from the top. I am really glad we made the effort to do it.

It was a great day, that I really needed. So glad that I could get outside for a while.

It was a day that blew life into me in so many ways. I need more of these!

Just Connie

No comments: