Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Treatment Day

A late treatment day ... Here it is 6pm at night and I still have another round of meds to go. I am fuzzy, nauseous, very tired and struggling with my intestinal system. All very common reactions to treatment and why I am taking so many pre, mid and post meds along with the gamma globulin.

But I am not throwing up and my intestinal system seems to be calming down. So those are all positive and I am looking forward to a good nights sleep and yoga in the morning.

I find myself getting very tired, very quickly and I really need the disciple of daily exercise. It just seems so hard to get right now. But I am working on it.

Treatment day always seems a bit surreal to me. It is very odd to be pumping my body full of these drugs. But yet the joy of hearing that my antibodies are beginning to climb makes the misery worth it. I am willing to work hard to reclaim my life and health.

I am working hard to not get side tracked or discouraged and trying to find times for treatment that are not so invasive into my work week. The problem is when I do them in the afternoon, then I struggle with a bit more treatment side effects the next day. Such as fatigue, headache and nausea. But it is still giving me the chance to do the work I am called to do. And that brings joy and life to me.

So in just a little while I will take my last round of treatment post meds and then I will get ready for bed and try to sleep off the side effects. At least that is what I am hoping for.

Tomorrow, yoga class, Chamber Meeting and then meeting with a couple who want to do vow renewals. A pretty normal ministry day and that sounds pretty good to me.

Just Connie

No comments: