Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A Jouney Begins With a Single Step

A journey begins with a single step ... But sometimes we do not relate understand where the path is going to lead. That has been true of the convoluted path I have been on for the past year. Sometimes I feel like I am holding on tight to Mr Toads wild ride. Other times it feels as if I am swinging through open meadows of beauty.

Yesterday was more of Mr Toad's wild ride. I reported to the dermatologist bright and early to have her take a look at the spot I had on my hip that was not healing. It was a left over from a site reaction from 7 weeks ago . So she did what my family doctor told me she would probably do ... She cut it out. I have to say that is a bit counter intuitive to me. You have a big hole that won't heal so you make a bigger hole to fix it. But I go in next week and she will measure it and make sure it is beginning to heal.

From there I took my numb backside to make a run to the party store, stopped a cross walk for a pedestrian and as I sat there heard screeching brakes. Looked in my rear view mirror and saw the little white truck coming up fast behind me.... And sure enough he smashed right into the back of me. I was somehow able to not hit the poor pedestrian, when I heard the truck coming, I jammed my foot down on the brakes. But all in all, we came out it well. My car seems to have no damage, they will check tomorrow. The truck that hit me is a mess . He hit my spare tire on the back and peeled his hood and bumper back. Looks like a total loss. He was a very nice man.

 After I got that wrapped up , I headed back to the doctors office to see my immunologist, where for the first time I heard news that I actually wanted to hear. He wants to move me to IVIG gamma globulin treatment. It means once a week instead of twice a week. And even though you usually get sicker, it is once a month and not every single week. I am very excited about what this will mean for my life. I will have time to do things besides treatment.

One of the first things I will do, is visit my daughter and her family.bibwill take my grandson to the zoo ... I will hike and plan vacations .... Live life that is not wrapped around my neck all issues!

And yes I realize that the mass on my pancreas can really change things, but it is still just one step ahead. I can do that .., even while I am doing the happy dance. Who wants to come and dance with me?

Just Connie

No comments: