Saturday, October 21, 2017

Still Fighting

Over the past couple of years I have received all kinds of bad news about my health. Most of the time I am able to acknowledge the news and move ahead. But yesterday, yesterday I had a major melt down. I am not sure why it hit me so hard, but it did. Even my pulmunologist caught me brushing tears away and apologized. But it was not his fault, I am always thankful for his honesty. I always know exactly where I stand and do not have to guess with him.

However, it seems that my perception of where I am and his were different. I needed to know that, though I do not like it. I need to acknowledge it, embrace it and then I need to keep fighting. I cannot let despair rob me of today's joy. There is still a lot of life to live, a lot of things to learn and a lot of people to love. I refuse to live life as a "short timer".

There are good things ahead and With God's help I am willing to fight for them.

Just Connie


No comments: