Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Cold Thoughts

It has been cold, cold, COLD! I do not think the temp gauge ever got out of the 20's today for about the 5th day in a row. Today I shivered through hours of meetings and finally gave up and went home and huddled in front of the fire with my computer for two hours. I was just beginning to warm up when it was time to get back in the car and head to Salem for my  next meeting. Where I shivered and shook for the 3 and a half hour meeting.

It is during these cold spells that I really feel the lack of central heating at my house. I do not feel like there is anywhere to get warm. Though the 40 minute drive into Salem began to get me warm around the edges. I was frozen when I woke this morning and the shower was agonizing. (Ice cold bathroom) I love my new pellet stove but I miss being warm and comfy. I guess I should toughen up a little bit.

I think instead I will go to bed and dream about summer .... where I will probably complain about being too hot.

Just Connie

No comments: