Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Recovering Thoughts

This morning I woke up and finally did not feel so sick. I am still hacking and coughing but I am feeling better. Yippee! Skippee! It has only been a week since I got sick, but it seems like such a long week.

I was in meetings all day yesterday .... in fact it was one of those 16 hour days that are necessary every once in a while.  I went meeting to meeting to meeting. I drove to Salem to meet with the church planting board in the midst of a down pour. I stopped to get my oil changed only to find out that I had a nail in my tire and my turn signal was not working. So after paying way too much for my oil change I headed to Les Schwab and got my tire fixed. Then it was off to the next round of meetings.

I got home late, tired but very satisfied. I love being part of a group that is doing something so important. I think my work in church planting could be one of the most important ministries I have been privileged to be part of. I am excited to see where it goes from here.

Good thing I am feeling better .... there is a lot to do.

1 comment:

caro_watt said...

January 19th - you were just getting better, and I had just chosen to enter rehab. I was terrified and alone, or so I thought. But God was with me, and how could I know that even then, he was preparing our reunion? I love you heart-friend. always and forever.