Monday, January 31, 2011

Sermon Prep Day

Sermon Day ..... I love sermon day! Mondays are my study and sermon day. People seem to think that sermons are something that are plucked out thin air. But the reality is that they come as the result of prayer and study and reflection.

Every pastor has a little different routine for sermon preparation. I like to preach in series. Currently I am preaching through the Book of 1st John. So for me sermon prep begins with reading the scripture over and over again.  As I read certain lines of thoughts begin to develop. From those thoughts the sermon begins to build. Slowly until it all falls into place.

Another part of my sermon prep has been my decision to post my sermon topics on Facebook and get input from across the country. It has sometimes broadened my viewpoint and brings a freshness to thmy preaching that  I have not always had in the past.

Mondays are good and I feel very content tonight.

Just Connie

No comments: