Saturday, January 29, 2011

Singing

I have always loved music. In college I learned to play guitar and things just seem to grow out of that. For many years I earned my living as a Minister of Music. It brought joy to my heart to sing and play. Over the years, it seems that I go through periods of time when I do not sing and play as much. I have been in one of those periods.

Tonight I met at the church for Saturday night prayer. Normally we have a small group that prays through the entire church and then has prayer together. Tonight at the close of that time, we began to play and sing. I grabbed my guitar out of the office and we played for two hours. It was so much fun and I left still singing. It reminded me of how much I love music and how much I miss it when it is not a regular part of it.

I am glad for the reminder I got tonight. I need to make sure that I continue to lift my voice and sing.

Just Connie

No comments: