Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Reflections of the Past

Days like today are like sitting and staring at my reflection in a pool. The reflection just sits there rippling on the surface ... sometimes reflecting something I want to see and sometimes reflecting back to me something I would rather not see.

I have found my thoughts reflecting back images from the past I would rather forget. Scenes of fear, of tears of bruises and confusion all wrapped up in an overwhelming sense of shame. I do not enjoy these images, but I think that I need to remember. I need to remember to keep myself safe. I need to remember so that I will pray for my former spouse. I need to remember for all the other women who are still trapped in cages of fear and loathing.

So I guess I will reflect and remember. I will let it be what it is and not try to "pretty it up".

Just Connie

No comments: