Saturday, March 12, 2011

Unexpected Blessings

I had a Men's Ministry meeting today. You might think it kind of odd that I go to the Men's Ministry meeting, but it has been a real blessing ... an unexpected blessing.

Soon after I came to the Willamina Church the Chairman of the Men;s Ministry came to me and asked me if I was planning on attending the upcoming Men's meeting. I looked at him and kind of laughed and said, "uhhhhh no, I am not planning on attending the Men's meeting." He looked me in the eye and said, "Are you the pastor of just the women or are you the pastor of the men too?" Needless to say I was at the next meeting. 

The men have been welcoming and gracious to me. We have worked side by side and I have so enjoyed getting to know them. It has given me a chance to know them in a way that I would not have had otherwise.

Today as we sat chatting after the meeting I got to thinking what an unexpected blessing they were to me. A blessing that I did not seek and certainly did not expect, but a blessing none the less.

I have a feeling there are many more blessings to come. I just have to embrace them as they come.

Just Connie

No comments: