Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Today's Thoughts

I have been glued to my television for the past week. I have watched with horror as the earthquake and tsunami hit Japan. I watched my own loved ones heading for high ground on the Oregon coast and watched the surge hit our coast line. The sheer devastation has been overwhelming to take in.

Now as I watch the unfolding nuclear disaster my heart hurts for the thousands of people who are potentially in harms way. It seems to get worse each day. The news is filled with the images of crying frightened people searching for missing family members.

As I sit and watch I find that it reminds me of who God is. He is big enough for this. He is there offering comfort and hope, He is here stirring our hearts and calling us to action. He is big enough, wise enough and strong enough to meet this need. He has not forgotten or abandoned us.

I think it is time for God's people to pray, to give and to look for ways to help. There is work to do and it starts with me.

I think it is time to roll our sleeves up and get to work.

Just Connie

No comments: