Saturday, April 7, 2012

80 th Birthday Thoughts

I spent the afternoon celebrating the 80th birthday of a friend. She is so vital and busy it is hard for me to believe that she is actually 80. She is incredible and I always enjoy spending time with her. Today about 50 of us gathered for a surprise luncheon. She was so surprised ... and it is very hard to get anything by her for very long. So it is amazing that this actually remained a surprise.

As I wandered around and talked with everyone I was struck by how much everyone loves her and the great respect and admiration they have for her and the life she lives. I looked around at her children, grand children and great grandchildren and was amazed at the legacy she and her husband have begun. They are a wonderful family and I can see their love and faithfulness in each successive generation.

I rather think it is one of the biggest responsibilities we have in life, to live well, to invest in our families and to love lavishly. I am thankful to see that lived out right in front of me. It helps spur me on to do the same thing.

I wonder how I will do?

Just Connie

No comments: