Thursday, April 26, 2012

Counseling

Pastors do all kinds of things, it is the nature of the job. One day I might be studying and writing, the next I might be on a roof and still the next leading a community meeting. One of things I find myself doing often is counseling with people who are going through crisis or problems.

This past week I have found myself in quite a few sessions. Some of them scheduled and some of them impromptu. I find these moments with others a wonderful opportunity to connect in ways that we would not normally have the chance to do. I get glimpses of their real lives and the challenges that they face.

I am grateful for these moments. They keep me connected with the people around me and gets me out of the ivory tower that can sometimes develop around the pastor. Because I do not want the busyness of my job to keep me from fulfilling the call ... "Feed my sheep". The amazing things is that when I do .... I am fed as well.

Just Connie

No comments: