Saturday, April 28, 2012

Saturday Afternoon Thoughts

After days of rain ... the sun is just beginning to come out from behind the heavy gray clouds. The break in the weather has brought the birds out of hiding. I have a flock of Mourning Doves feeding beneath the tree. The House Finches are crowding the feeders until the Stellar Jays show up and every once in a while a Golden Crowned Sparrow flits by looking to get a tid bit.

I am enjoying just sitting back and enjoying the show. There is something about watching the birds that brings a smile to my face. I am thinking this is a pretty good way to spend a lazy Saturday afternoon.

So I think I will ignore the call of housework and yard work and enjoy these rare quiet moments. I rather think they are a gift to not be squandered lightly.

At least that is the plan .....

Just Connie


No comments: