Friday, April 6, 2012

Irritation

I am annoyed .... I can feel the irritation swirling around me. For weeks I have struggled to protect my day off. All week I fought to keep my Friday to myself. I even made myself accountable to my Pastor's cabinet for my need to do this. Today I had planned on housework, baking and perhaps even a nap. But the nice quiet day off I planned has just been hijacked by someone else's lack of planning.

So I am faced with a dilemma ... I can continue to be irritated or I can just complete the task and let it go. I am thinking that I really do not want to spend the rest of this day lost in a cloud of irritation. Because the truth is that annoyance has a habit of poisoning everything it touches. I can choose to hug it tight because "I deserve to feel it" or I can choose to let it go.

So I am taking a deep breath and letting the anger drain away. I am choosing to let go of my right to be annoyed and make the most out of this opportunity to do something nice for someone else. It is right for me, it is right for them and most of all it is right for Christ.

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love." Ephesians 4:2

And I guess that is absolutely the right place to be .....

Just Connie

1 comment:

caro_watt said...

Wow. This has to be the cry of all pastors (and their spouses). That effort to protect that time, and that incredibly annoyance when that doesn't happen. Again, what an example - to acknowledge the feeling, even the right to it, and then to consciously let it go. Thanks for sharing this. Love you!