Tuesday, April 17, 2012

College Scholarships

I have been interviewing high school students for the last two weeks. I am part of a team that is determining college scholarships from the schools in our area. Each year when I do this I am impressed at the quality of the kids we interview. This year was no different, these are amazing scholars, deeply involved in their communities and have such wonderful potential.

Today we interviewed the last of them and then met to determine what we were going to do. This year we ended up giving away $6,000 to 7 students. I wish that we could have given a scholarship to every student we met with. They all deserved it. And I feel blessed to have had the chance to met them.

I guess it really gives me hope for tomorrow when I see the involvement and the minds of these young people. The world will  be a better place because of what they will offer in the years to come.

And I rather think we could use a better world .....

Just Connie

No comments: