Monday, April 16, 2012

Birthday Thoughts

I used to love my birthday. It was always a month long celebration with family, friends and church that reminded me that I was loved. But over the years as my life circumstances have changed I have found myself mostly avoiding it. And to be honest most years my birthday slips by without very many people noticing.

Sunday, I was surprised by a friend in the church who had an early birthday present for me. It was an incredibly kind and thoughtful gift. Something I had wanted but never really thought I could get for myself. It was a hand carved walking stick that not only had my initials carved into it, it had my life verse carved onto it as well.

I am so amazed at the love and thoughtfulness of this gift. It makes me feel loved and even more it makes me feel as if I am known. The things that I like, that are important to me are known to someone else and that makes me feel very special.

And I am thinking  .... that is a pretty good way to celebrate my birthday this year.

Just Connie

No comments: