Friday, January 11, 2013

Boxes

My living room has been full of boxes for months. Most of them were items belonging to my sister and delivered to me after her death. I would work on sorting them for a while and then get sad and overwhelmed and walk away. For the last several months while I have been ill, I have not touched the boxes at all. So there they ....  a silent reproach every time I walked by.

Today I hired a friend to come and work alongside me for two hours. We got a lot done in two hours. We carried about 10 boxes to the attic and got them stored away. I have some papers and things to put away before we can sort some more but we made good headway.

Tonight I am tired, but I feel that I have actually moved ahead and that feels pretty good.

Hooray for friends!

Just Connie

No comments: