Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Nature of Fear

I stood in the field with the garbage bag in my hand. all around me was a myriad of beer bottles, beer cans and trash. As I began to pick them up I moved to the clear spot in the center. As I stood there I came to a terrible realization, the only thing you could see standing in that spot was my house and my family room.

As that realization came to me, fear flooded through me. I quickly picked up the rest of the trash and hurried back in the house. As I stood inside I tried to think of who would stand in the field and drink and watch the house. I did not like the answer that kept popping to mind. I could only think of one person ... and that really scared me.

Tonight I am sitting in front of the fire ... thinking about the nature of fear. Fear is given to us to warn and inform us. It was given so that we could make choices that would protect and nurture us. So as I acknowledge my fear I realize that what was given to me to protect me, could actually paralyze me if I let it run out of control/

So I have let the fear guide me to some choices. I alerted my leadership team so they could pray, I am choosing to lock up and make safe choices. I will install a motion detector in the back of the house which will alert me to something prowling around. And with those decisions I can go to bed tonight knowing that I have acted on the warnings I have been given. And in that there is peace.

God is big enough for this ...

Just Connie

No comments: