Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Learning Lessons

Today marks 4 years since I quietly crept away in the middle of the night from a drunk and angry man. That means I am beginning my 5th year of living alone. These years by myself have taught me a lot of things. I have to admit that many of the lessons I have learned I would have preferred to not learn ... things like mowing my lawn and fighting the mice battle on my own.

There have been other lessons that I have learned. One of them is asking for help for when I need it. I have to admit that I am still learning this. It is very hard for me to do. I do not always do this very well. I guess that means I will probably need more practice over this next year. Another thing I have struggled with is learning to go places by myself. There are still a lot of things I do not do because I do not want to do them alone. I have seen two movies in the past  5 years because it is something I just cannot face doing all by myself. I think perhaps I need to do a better job of asking people to do things with me.

I know this year will be full of lessons to be learned. Some of them I will be glad of and others I would like to avoid. But the reality is that all of these lessons will teach me things. I am hoping that as I begin this new year I will do a better job of embracing the lessons as they come.

Imagine a year with less complaining and more learning ... now that would be a great year.

Just Connie

No comments: