Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lesson

I am sitting on the couch in front of the fire with Hope Puppy. She has her head on my lap as I am trying to type this. Every once in a while she lifts her head and tries to lick my face. I keep telling her "no kisses"! She does not seem to be very impressed ... but she does seem happy. She knows what she needs and she is not afraid to ask for it.

I do not find it nearly so easy to ask for the things I need. I seem to have an underlying thought that I am required to do life"  on my own. The reality is that I know that I cannot do it alone. But yet, it is so hard to ask ....

I have to wonder if it is a kind of false pride that keeps me from asking? I do not want to seem weak or needy ... or whiny. In truth there are times that I am weak, times that I am needy and plenty of times I feel whiny. I guess it comes down to honesty. Am I willing to be honest with others? Honest about my needs .... that seems really scary, and yet really important.

 I guess I have some tyhings to learn from Hope Puppy, she is a good model for this.

Let's see whose lay should I go and lay my head on?

Just Connie

No comments: