Saturday, January 5, 2013

De -Christmasing Afternoon

I worked hard today. In fact a small group of us worked hard today. This was the day that we took down the Christmas decorations at the church. That means there were eight trees, lights and decorations to take down and stow away.

That sounds pretty easy, but the truth is that everything has to go up in the attic of the church. That means you not only have to carry all the boxes down but then you have to carry it back up the ladder and drag it into the proper storage space. That is further complicated by all the other "stuff" that is up there getting in the way.

But after two and a half hours we actually got every put away,  stored in the attic and even got the floors vacuum,ed and the fellowship hall set up for church tomorrow. That was a wildly successful afternoon.

I have to admit though this is not one of my favorite tasks, I really like working side by side with my church family. They bless my heart and lighten the load I carry. When I spend time with them, I am blessed, I feel loved and I leave encouraged.

Yep .... this was a great way to spend an afternoon.

Just Connie

No comments: