Monday, January 14, 2013

My Day

It has been frosty cold for the last few days. It warmed up just enough today to rain .... and now it is in the process of freezing again. I expect a frozen world when I wake up in the morning. A reminder that even though we have not had much snow this winter ... it is still winter.

So on this frosty cold day I have been busy. I got my sermon done and sent to all the appropriate people. I had four drop in visitors and when the rain began I headed home to beat the ice. Since I have been home I have counseled a heart broken young woman ,spoke with a former parishioner whose husband is dying and made plans for a funeral service.

All in all an eclectic and busy day, in many aspects a challenging day. But it is also one of those days that I am very sure that I am doing the job that God has called me to do. There was a sense of rightness as I maneuvered through the different activities, even the difficult ones. A rightness that is still with me tongiht as I reflect on the day.

And that is a very good feeling ...

Just Connie

No comments: